There are many programs and services available to you Use our computers and printer for a school project. Research scholarships. Participate in a weaving workshop, Pow Wow, or tribal gathering. Get academic help. Join a student group. Ask us any question - we'll help you find the answer. To attend, participate in, or help organize any programs and services below, stop by, or contact Josh Gonzales at (951) 827-4143 or email@example.com.
American Indian Outreach
Join us as we visit high schools and middle schools to teach about educational opportunities for American Indians, and help us host a College Information Day at UCR each fall.
- Annual Open House College Exploration Day
- Highlander Day
- Discover Day
- Outreach to local Native Nations
Academic Tutoring & Referrals
If you struggle with schoolwork or time management, NASP can help, or refer you to a UCR resource that can.
Keep up with American Indian news and enjoy native music and discussions.
- News Links - Use our website as a portal to local and national native news.
- Indian Times Newspaper - Search our archives, or consider joining our newspaper staff.
- Indian Time Radio - Tune into KUCR 88.3 FM every Thursday from 5:30pm - 6:30pm for Native music and conversations about native issues, or stream it live on the web.
Counseling - Academic & Personal
Stop by if you need someone to talk to about any challenges you face. We can help, or refer you to someone who can.
Cultural Events, Presentations, and Programs
Attend, enjoy, participate, or help organize!
- Annual Medicine Ways Conference & Bird Singing Gathering - Unite as a community each May to celebrate native culture and discuss native issues with prominent guest speakers, traditional medicine men/women, and leaders from all over the U.S. This conference features workshops, food, a silent auction, bird singing, and dancing.
- Annual UCR Pow Wow - Celebrate Native American culture and traditions, make new friends, and renew old ones at this annual social gathering each May. Our free Pow Wow is open to the public and features singing, dancing, drumming, bird singing, artists, food, handmade native jewelry, arts and crafts, and other merchandise.
- Annual Spirit of the Tribes 5K Run/Walk - Enjoy uniting as a community and exercising to raise money for student scholarships.
- Drum Circle - Whether you play a drum or enjoy listening, join our drum circle for practices once a week and performances at various events. We're an informal, diverse group that performs American Indian and other Indigenous songs. Contact us to find out when.
- Fry Bread Sales - Help raise money for the Native American Student Association by making or selling fry bread at various UCR events.
- Native American Heritage Month - Come and celebrate Native American culture, history and traditions with UCR American Indian students.
- Native Jam Nights - Join this evening of fun and entertainment as American Indian students showcase talents in all genres - perform, or just enjoy.
- Orientation - Join us each fall during new student orientation to provide American Indian students with a warm welcome, information about campus life, and a strong show of support.
- Gathering of the Tribes Summer Residential Program - Apply to be a paid resident assistant or volunteer to help encourage American Indian middle and high school students to continue their education. This weeklong summer program features speakers, workshops, information, team building, field trips, and fun activities to motivate students to excel.
- Graduation Banquet - Come together each June as a community to celebrate and honor graduating UCR American Indian students.
- Rupert Costo Lecture Series - Attend this annual speaker series to learn more about native topics and issues.
- Workshops - Teach or attend workshops throughout the year to share native skills and traditions such as beading, weaving, and language.
Employment Opportunities & Leads
Apply for work-study employment at NASP, and get leads for other jobs.
Financial Aid Assistance
Get the latest information about how to apply for financial aid. We can help you and your family figure out student loans, scholarships, grants, and the Blue and Gold Plan.
Information for American Indian Students
- Indians.org (a tribal directory)
Intertribal Peer Mentorship Program
Our Intertribal Peer Mentor Program supports a positive transition to UCR and promotes academic, cultural, and social success. Trained peer mentors are UCR Juniors and Seniors who want to help new students adjust to college and be successful.
Click here for application
Scholarship & Internships
Open doors to your future. Get money for college and experience for your resume. Find out more here.
Student Organizations Under NASP
Get connected, have fun, and make a positive difference for other American Indian students by joining a NASP student organization.
Tribal Community Liaison
NASP interacts with other tribes to share information and unite for cultural events and activities. Also, each year UCR's Chancellor meets with the Native American Advisory Committee to discuss important educational issues.